With events, proms, upcoming graduation ceremonies and more we thought that it was very important to deliver a critical message: DON’T FORGET MOM!!! This Sunday is Mother’s Day, and it is important to reach out to your customers and remind them about the products and services you can provide to honor mothers, grandmothers, and great grandmothers in your world.
- Restaurants- If you have breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner options on Sunday, it’s time to promote yourself as a “Mother’s Day” destination.
- Retailers- If you have the perfect gift for mom, or you have Mother’s Day cards, continue your outreach to let people know your products, hours, and other types of assistance to honor mom on her special day.
- Businesses of all types- If you have Mother’s Day specials, send them to Emporia Main Street, or tag us on your social media posts so we can help share your Mother’s Day items.
- Florists and Garden Centers- A lot of moms enjoy some small beautification projects. Let families know what you have in stock for special Mother’s Day gifts.
- Pampering Professionals- If you specialize in spa treatments, massage, skin care, hair care, nails, or other pampering items, make sure you have clear messaging about gift cards and promotions for mom. If you don’t have your own gift cards, remember that you can always direct people to Emporia Main Street for gift certificates.
- Push Mother’s Day communication through your staff- It’s easy to remind existing customers to patronize your business for Mother’s Day gifts if your staff has a script to communicate at the sales counter or through table servers.
- Decorate your windows!- Even with all the weird weather, we’ve seen pedestrian traffic pick up. With all the events this Friday and Saturday, a little reminder for Mother’s Day at your front window display can entice people into your business.
- The gift of silence- Remember that moms often take care of all of us. Taking the kids skating, going out to the park, or heading out to other forms of entertainment so mom can have a little silence and enjoy her gifts (wine from a local merchant with an uninterrupted bath with local bath supplies) is often appreciated.
- Get social- Traditional media outlets are still a great way to advertise Mother’s Day specials, but your social media channels offer a fantastic outlet for staff to talk about their moms or grandmothers. Small businesses are often a family affair, so add a personal touch as you highlight the upcoming Mother’s Day!