This intensive five-week, cohort-based bootcamp for tech entrepreneurs covers the key principles of evidenced-based entrepreneurship and customer discovery.
These learner-centric, inquiry-based classes focus on processes that engage entrepreneurs by making real-world connections through exploration, high-level questioning, and idea generation.
E-tech Startups is a collaboration between Emporia Main Street, SBDC, Hereford Cowork Space, and the Center on Rural Innovation (CORI).
Who can benefit from the E-tech Startups course?
E-tech Startups is open to anyone who has a tech startup idea and wants to begin searching for a repeatable and scalable business model including:
- Existing tech startups looking to expand their operations or improve your existing entity
- Students or alumni from Emporia State University or Flint Hills Technical College looking to start a new tech venture.
- Previous Start Your Own Business graduates with new tech startup ideas
- Existing businesses looking to incorporate tech expansion into their current business model
The cohort meets for two three-hour sessions each week during the course. The final two classes are a presentation prep session and a final presentation, respectively. Attendance is mandatory at all classes. If a team has multiple members, at least one representative must be present for every class.
Due to the individualized attention required in the business course, the class is limited to a maximum of 15 people.
1. Teach participants how to validate business model hypotheses in order to find a repeatable, scalable business model.
2. Provide Emporia’s tech entrepreneurs with education and support so they can build and scale tech startups locally.
3. Build awareness of efforts to build an inclusive tech economy in Emporia.
Participation in this class requires use of a laptop and internet access for homework.
Accommodations can be made upon request, please email: [email protected] for more information.
Business Education Blog
Three years ago, Emporia Main Street had an opportunity to participate in a study by the Brookings Institute. The study…
The Fabrication Lab at Emporia Main Street came online in April of last year, and it has been a wild…
We are in the heart of the holiday rush, and I know you don’t need another thing to do, but…
Some reminders as we approach peak holiday shopping season. The defining characteristic for small businesses is often service. I know…
2023 E-Tech Startup Registration
Already dreaming about your new business? Take a look through some of the property available properties below. Emporia Main Street can make recommendations of what might be a good fit for your business, and we can help connect you to the seller or landlord.